This session featured two leaders in municipal cybersecurity: Greg McCarthy, Chief Information Security Officer, City of Boston and Co-founder and Co-chair, Coalition of City CISOs; and Dr. Brian Gardner, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Security Officer, City of Dallas. The discussion provided insights on issues and approaches cities can focus on to bootstrap cybersecurity initiatives:
- The key cybersecurity threats and challenges facing local governments
- Free cybersecurity resources available from state and regional governments
- Creative approaches to cybersecurity workforce development
- Regional partnerships for cost-effective procurement of cybersecurity solutions
- Working with state governments to access funds through FEMA’s State and Local Cybersecurity program.